This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Previous post from my old blog.

Welcome to My Blog! :)
Thursday, October 19, 2006


Ok, here it goes. This is new to me so I'll be learning as I go. I am 25 years old and have two kids, Ellie, who will turn three in November, and Evan, who just turned one. My husband, Tyler, and I have just moved to Kansas where he is the pastor of a small church. I have decided to create this blog for two reasons. First, I wanted to let my friends and family know what is happening in my life. Secondly, Tyler and I are looking into international adoption and I thought it would be fun to record the process and let you see where we are at. Well, I will sign off for now.


Grandpa
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
 

Grandpa and Ellie

We just got back a few days ago from my gradpa's funeral. For those of you who know my family, my grandpa Timmons passed away on the 18th...my sons first birthday. We went down to Westcliffe, CO for the funeral and really enjoyed getting to see all of my cousins. The ceremony was really beautiful and a wonderful time to reflect on the life of a very loving and godly man. There were lots of tears but we all rejoice that he is with the one he loved most...God. I think the hardest part is seeing the grief of my grandma. He was a very loving husband and took good care of her. But at the same time it has been a testimony of God's grace to watch the strength she has shown through this time. Well, now I've made myself cry so I will stop here and write more later.


A Heart For Adoption
Friday, October 27, 2006

Tyler and I are planning on adopting internationally. I am hoping to record everything that goes on during the process so that you can share in it. To begin with I thought I would share what gave us the desire to adopt. God has given me a great empathy for those around me. I often feel the pain of others that most would not see. I often have thought of the young lives who grow up never knowing what it is to be loved unconditionally. Children who never have a "Mommy" or "Daddy", who never have a place to call "home", and nothing that ever belongs to them. The worst part is that there IS someone who desperatly loves these little ones, God, but most of them will never meet Him. Looking at my own children and imagining them in a life like that is so sad. I know God hasn't called me to go overseas and work with orphans...my place is with Tyler and he has been called here to Kansas. So I often wondered what I could do. Well, I know I can't help all of them (I wish I could)...but, I can change the life of one. So that was the thinking behind our adoption. We wanted another child and rather than bring a new one into the world why not give the gift of a family to one already out there? Our hope is to give this child a family, a hope for the future, and someday a relationship with his Heavenly Father as well.


Getting Started!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We had been waiting to make a final decision on whether or not to adopt until we went to the informational meeting with the agency we had picked. We finally got to go last Wednesday. Although the material wasn't really new to me I'm glad we went. On the way home I asked Tyler what he thought and his answer was "well, next time we go to Walmart I'm getting a passport photo". The next day we called and talked to the Vietnam Coordinator. Today I finished the last details for the application to the agency and tomorrow it will mail out! We should hear back within a couple of weeks. We are finally starting...I'm so excited!

We will be adopting through Children's Hope International (CHI). We have decided to adopt an infant from Vietnam. Although we said either is fine we will probably be adopting a boy because there is a higher demand and much longer wait for the girls. The entire process from application to bringing the child home will probably take about one and a half to two years. So we have a long wait ahead of us!


Oh the Mind of Children...
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
 
Ellie said something a couple of days ago I just had to share with you. Ok, even though we have told her that God is everywhere she still thinks of Him as being up in the sky in Heaven. So when Tyler and I were telling her one night that God can see everything and is watching out for her she got this strange look on her face and after a while she looked up at the ceiling and asked, "does he make a hole?"

No comments: