This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just Life

Well...things are still boring around here. Not much to write about. But I will try...

Evan is really cute. He growls at everything. He still doesn't talk at all (except for "dada" which he loves to use every time he sees Tyler) but he can sure make noises. Today I caught him in front of the stove hitting his reflection and growling. He would then laugh at himself. He also has learned how to shot from his big sister. He puts up his finger and says "ba!" really loudly.

I started stripping wall paper in Ellie's room which has been a lot of fun. I've never done that before and it's quite an experience. Anyway, right now I have Ellie's bed in Evan's room which is interesting. Evan still cries himself to sleep and she sings for hours after we turn out her light. The first couple of nights we ended up separating them till they fell asleep but tonight we put them in there together. So far I think it worked. It's been an hour and I haven't gone to that end of the house to listen yet! :) This has given me hope for when our third one arrives. I think he'll end up in Evan's room and now I know it won't end in total disaster.

We are still waiting for CIS approval for the adoption. To get our 171 from the CIS will take up to 90 days (that would put us at the end of April). However, we were told that it was only taking about 4-6 weeks and we are now to 3. I sure hope we don’t have to wait the full 90 days! In the mean time I am working on getting grants and also an interest free loan.

Well how did I do for someone who has nothing going on? I’m afraid I’ve written too much. Oh no…the kids just got up and came to the office dragging their blankets. Ellie says they’re hungry and Evan is just happy to be up. I’m beginning to see that hope of “easy adjustment” fading…

No comments: