This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Change in the Waiting Child Program

I just got off the phone with Nikki from CHI and she told me that the waiting children (kids with special needs) are now being handled differently. They have developed a list of families interested in special needs children, which we are now on. Instead of placing children on the "waiting child" site, they will be offered to the first family on that list who is open to special needs. The people on the top of that list are those who have been waiting the longest. At this point the whole list is pretty short (just over 10 maybe) and not all of those families are open to non-correctible things such as HepB+ as we are. All that said, we still have no idea how long our wait will be. However, it is nice to know I don't need to check the list every five minutes as I have today. When we are first on the list and our child comes we'll get a call or email. So yea! for now I can relax and wait like everyone else. I have no control so why worry anymore. Ahh...I can feel the relief. And then again...I now have no control, I'm completely at their mercy...hmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha misty relax. God does all things in HIS time. He is making this take the time it needs for just the right child to come. He knows the right one. and He will give them to you even if it takes 5 years.. haha.. well take care!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Misty, So sorry the kids were sick when they got home. Didn't see it coming here. And I developed shingles! The very day we drove them to meet you. I thought it was a spider bite on my arm. It is healing now. But shingles can be contagious to children who have never had chicken pox. They don't contract shingles, but can get chicken pox...strange. so watch the kids for signs. gotta go--late, late, late! Love, Mom