This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cloudy with a bit of rain

Tyler went on a "date" with Ellie today. They left to Salina this morning and should be back sometime this afternoon. Ellie got dressed up and was so excited! It is very quiet around here without her. I have to admit I've hardly notice Evan. He just quietly entertains himself and hardly makes a sound! I've been doing some cleaning but not as much as I should. I'm afraid I've been on the computer way to much.

The weather is a bit grim today...which matches my mood. I'm a little discouraged with the adoption right now and I've been checking the waiting child list, email, the yahoo group, and anything else that might bring at least a little news. I only know of 2 referrals our agency has received in the last three weeks so no one is really moving up on the waiting list right now. But I know that God is at work. I just wish I could relax a bit and focus on life right now! As my wonderful Nicky (the coordinator for the Vietnam program in the Kansas City branch) just told me "You will go through tough times in the waiting period and your feelings will ebb and flow. Sometimes it will be more difficult, and sometimes it will get easier. This might be a tough spell, but it will get better. I promise." ok Nicky I'm holding you to it! :)

Thanks for listening...I'm sure I'll be back to my normal patient (at least more patent then now) self in a few days! Darn these adoption hormones…

No comments: