This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tagged...

I've been officially tagged by my cousin Heidi. I'm supposed to tell you 8 things about myself that you may not otherwise know. Problem is, I don't think there is anything that you all don't know about me! So here it goes.

1. As of today, Tyler and I have been married for 5 years! I was his first real girl friend and he's the first guy I dated for longer then 3 months. I have to say this has been the best five years of my life!

2. As Heidi said, I'm addicted to the internet. I think adoption does that to you. I check my adoption yahoo group, email, and other blogs, every few minutes for any type of update or new information. My addiction is deep enough now that, even when not adoption related, I spend way to much time on here.

3. Although most wouldn't know it, I hate being in a small group of people, or with an individual I don't know well, when Tyler isn't with me. I never know what to say and have this fear the conversation will come to an uncomfortable silence. I do just fine, and can carry on a nice conversations, as long as I have my "security blanket", aka Tyler, close by.

4. Academics is my biggest insecurity. I never did very well in school (just lazy and got away with more since I was second oldest out of 6 kids and all home schooled) and now feel very uncomfortable when the conversation turns that direction. My hands sweat if I have to write something in front of someone without the benefit of spell check.

5. Call me strange but I actually enjoy cleaning house! Although I usually opt to just sit and surf the web or watch a movie, I love to clean, and especially, organize the house. When I get into an energetic mood I'll fly around and clean all day.

6. Most people don't see this side of me (only Tyler and my kids see the full force of it) but I am a crazy individual. I love to talk in strange accents or sing in a wacky voice and bounce, jump, skip, or dance around the house. I do the oddest things...yes I'm weird!

7. I have always been sensitive, but after marriage and with each new child it has gotten MUCH worse! I now cry over Disney movies...yes the animated ones like Sleeping Beauty. I also have to really protect myself from sad horror stories (mainly true ones like the holocaust) because they will haunt me and make me cry for months. In the past few years I've become so fragile that Tyler has had to start protecting me from some things.

8. I just realized last night that being out here in the middle of no where is bothering me more then I realized. Although I'm insecure in small groups, I love to be around lost of people I don't know. I realized how much I'm missing this when I started to think about our trip to Vietnam to pick up our third child. Besides holding our son for the first time, the thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing people!!! Lots of them, at the airport and all over the big cities. Never mind the fact that I'm going to a new country, I'm just excited about being in the city for three full weeks!!

Ok, that's enough about me. :) I really don't know who to tag. Tyler is really the only one who reads this much and has a blog (I have instructions NOT to tag him)...so I guess I'll pass this over to my myspace friends...Dayspring, Mom, and Morning, consider yourselves tagged. Write 8 things about yourself that others may not know and send it in a bulletin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Misty... you can't be THAT weird... I love to clean too. It bugs me when things are not in place. I can organize something, then turn around and reorganize it in a couple of months just because I think I could do better!

Shannon said...

You are in good company! I love to clean! I love being so productive and of course I love the results of all my hard work!