This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tornado Watch

If you were watching the weather channel you may have noticed the big storm in Kansas last Saturday night. Yep, we were in the middle! Friday night there was a town about 2-3 hours from us that was all but wiped off the map. One of our friends had a teenaged daughter there. Fortunately out of the 1500 people living there only 10 were killed. Anyway, on Saturday we had several tornado watches. We went to a friend’s house to hang out in their basement...much nicer then sharing the cellar with a snake and spiders! There were 17 of us in the house (the Wirth's, their daughter with her family of 9, our family and my aunt and uncle who were visiting). Keeping track of Evan all the time was a little scary especially when the lights would flicker leaving it pitch black. We had a tornado touch down about 5 miles east of us and one about 5 miles north of us. We went home around 10 pm but I guess the storm lasted all night. I have to admit I kind of enjoyed the excitment of it all...yes call me crazy, but I would have rather enjoyed trying to get all 17 of us into the little bathroom and all the kids into the bathtub! Hmm...maybe I'm too adventures for my own good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow
I'm glad you are all safe. I would like to see you finish off a portion of that cellar into a safe haven for tornados. You could maybe build in some walls for a small room. Think about it.How is your visit with David and Joyce going...at the Wirth's? Did you all eat there too? Curious, MomRNZ

Anonymous said...

hey hey! haha sounds awesome i enjoy that kind of thing too. i had a similiar expeirance last summer at CYIA trianing.. haha.. it was pretty awesome.. some of the girls were all scared and crying but i was just like yep.. this is the good stuff in life! haha.. but yea.. i love ya and i'm glad you're not dead.. kinda.. haha.. can't wait to see you again in like....3 months! take care!