This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Chicago!

We had a great time in Chicago. We thought we would be sitting in sessions all day and doing lots of study. We did learn a lot but we also had a lot of fun!

I went to my first baseball game (the White Socks vs. the Indians). That was fun and I've decided I like base ball a whole lot more then football! (sorry forgot the camera)

We then got to hang out in down town Chicago with all these huge buildings! I'm from small town (actually no town) America and we don't even have neighbors closer then a mile. I love the city and it was so refreshing to see people (a rare sight in our area)!!! While there we got lunch on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building (3rd largest in Chicago). We literally ate lunch in the clouds! It was a little scary on the way up though. The lady working there put WAY to many of us in the elevator. We were packed so hard we couldn't move. The elevator jerked, jumped a few floors, sat there and finally delivered us to the original floor. When the doors opened several got off (very quickly) and then the ride up was fine. After lunch we went on a boat tour of Chicago area and the lake and got rained on! It was quite an experience!

The day we left I got the chance to see Heidi, my cousin, and her husband and two boys (the same age as my boys and also adopted). It had been years and I was so great to see them again!

Our trip home was interesting! Because our flight our of Chicago was delayed we missed our connecting flight in St. Loise. The next direct flight was at 4pm the next day. So we spent the day in St. Loise...without a car! We considered going to CHI headquarters but it didn't work out with transportation. Over all we had fun and enjoyed the adventure of it all. I was grateful for the good book I'd bought while at the airport in Chicago.

Sorry this has been so long!!! Here are a few pictures from our "lunch in the clouds" and our boat tour. The picture of the tall building is where we ate!






No comments: