This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Week

Just a few highlights from my week without Tyler, who is gone to camp.

-I redid the hardwood floor in Evan's room. This consisted of pulling up carpet, sanding, filling the cracks, staining, running to the store for more wood filler because the first didn't take the stain, wiping off the stain (which hadn't dried after 12 hours) and resanding because I didn't do it enough the first time, restaining, painting the wood filler because it still didn't take the stain, sanding again, putting on the protective finish, sanding, putting on the 2nd coat of protective finish, sanding, putting on the 3rd coat of protective finish, and begging the kids to stay away from it all!

-Preparing for our trip. Tyler and I are flying out Sunday to an Awana Training program in Chicago. Tyler will get home from camp this Friday with just enough time to leave again for Scottsbluff for a friends wedding and to drop off the kids with Grandma. We will get home late on Saturday, go to church on Sunday and leave for Witchita to catch our plane that afternoon. Between travel, being gone, and having to prepare a sermon, I'm having to pack for him...along with packing for myself and the kids!

-Still working on planning for the Awana program

-Trying to keep up with both my kids (by myself) and get the house clean before our trip.

-Last night we had a huge lightning storm and lost power for a while. It was actually kind of relaxing because I couldn't see to do all the things I needed to do so I just went to bed early! Evan has been clingy lately and crying more at night so I stayed with him while he tried to go to sleep (he's in our room while I redo his floor). Finally I picked him up and laid down in bed and let him fall asleep in my arms...it was so sweet! He seemed so happy and peaceful. He would open his eyes, look at me and smile before closing his eyes again. :)

-Oh, and Ellie asked me how she got into my tummy today! I sort of came up with some answer that didn't really tell her anything, something about how Daddy helped put her there and God helped make her or something like that! She's only 3 and I'm not sure I want "that" talk yet.

-Oh, and then she started asking if I'd always be here and ended up crying (hard crying) twice in two days when she realized that someday I would die.

-Well that has been my week, and it's only Thursday! Well I should go because Ellie has now asked to eat at least 20 times in a row and is now jumping around making these high pitched screeches!

No comments: