This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Friday, September 28, 2007

You know you are adoption addicted when…

Your mail box has two messages, one from your grandmother and one from another adoptive mother who you only know through blogs and yahoo groups. However, since she fills that terrible need for adoption related material you exchange 5 emails with her in a day while your poor grandmother waits a month for you to say hi…yes, sadly, this really happens. Did you get my email Grandma? Sorry!!

Your dishes are overflowing in the sink, there are no clean clothes except the ones still waiting to be folded from last week, you are just beginning to think about dinner and it is 6 already (you only thought of it because the kids are crying), and yet you make time to check the adoption yahoo group (30 times), check your email (70 times), update your blog (the post is on adoption of course), check about 20 other adoption blogs…twice (ok, 5 times), and make yet another packing list for when you go to pick up your child (next year).

Speaking of being ready a head of time. You have baby furniture bought, the nursery decorated and even some baby outfits...2 years in advance! This one isn't quite as much me...but it happens! (I was just reading your blog yesterday...you know who you are!)

You have no motivation to clean up the mess previously mentioned…until, you realize how hard it would be to pack in all this chaos and how hard it would be to have yet another child running around in it. With the adoption in mind the house is clean in record time!

Your husband signs up to win a million dollars while thinking of a red Corvette, new computer, etc. You really want him to win because the money would help with…you guessed it, the adoption!

Every time the phone rings you jump and run (even when it is the toy phone). If you were to get a phone call informing you your husband had actually won the million dollars you would be tempted to be disappointed since it wasn’t “the call” (your adoption agency calling with a referral or travel dates).

When your mom calls and asks how the kids are and you go into depth about the adoption. When she informs you she meant the two you already have (you know, the ones currently pulling the phone away, yelling in your ear, asking for a cookie…yes, those) you answer “oh, yea…um, they’re fine…did I mention how excited they are about the ADOPTION!”

“I-600A, 171-H, dossier, DTV, LID, Referral, The Call, G&R, PAP”…you just understood that.

Well, I think that's enough writing for today. I need to make dinner...after I check my email again...and just a few blogs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...I am guilty as charged. I don't have any other kids, but can totally relate. I am disappointed whenever anyone calls, because it is not CHI. No way to treat my friends and family, but can't help it! I am praying for quick travel approvals for all of us!

S. said...

Oh wow--you were right on with the e-mail and phone call thing. I need a 12-step program.