This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Family Night

A couple of weeks ago Tyler and I were on a date and the topic of "family night" was brought up. We decided to start having a family night ever Friday starting the next day (it was Thursday). So we bought some pink M&Ms and an inexpensive movie that we thought Ellie would enjoy. The next night, after dinner was cleaned up, we all sat around with popcorn, M&Ms and watched a movie. The kids loved it!

This week we had pizza, made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies together, then sat in our jammies eating cookies and watching a movie. When we made the cookies we put the mixer in the middle of the table with all the ingredients and let the kids take turns dumping. It was lots of fun...but as usual, my camera didn't make it to the event! Sorry. Maybe next time I'll have pictures.

I always feel like I spend to much time telling the kids "not right now". Well Friday nights have become a night I look forward to and has really helped me become more aware of the time I invest into my kids, not just on Friday, but the rest of the week as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see your blogsite.