This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Meet Tyler...

The other day my grandma called to tell me how much she appreciated my blog and how she felt it helps her to get to know me better. Then she said she would like to get to know Tyler better and brought to my attention something I'd never thought about before...I don't ever mention him! When I mentioned this to Tyler he said "no, you don't". Talk about a guilt trip, so here it goes.



Here are just a few things about Tyler that I love:

He knows me and my deepest insecurities, seen my craziest moments, heard me cry over the silliest things (including previews for Disney movies), dealt with my complaining, put up with my nagging and listened to my endless talking...yet through it all still loves me and actually wants to be with me!

He supports me, comforts me, protects me (sometimes from my own self-criticism, other times from that huge spider lurking in my bathroom), and encourages me to be the best I can be.

He will take turns changing the diapers, even the dirty ones! Now, I have to say, I usually get called for the blow outs but he'll still stands there and look helpful. :)

He is very thoughtful and sensitive. He still takes me out on dates (we just went a couple of nights ago...thanks sweet heart!), brings me flowers or other gifts just because, winks at me from across crowded rooms just to say I love you, and opens my car door...when I'm patient enough to wait! He also left a short love note on the computer today...how sweet!

He casually says "ok" when I say "hey, lets adopt next" and then calmly sits back and lets me run with it. He's even coming around to the idea of 20 kids (just kidding).

He is a loyal and loving husband, father, son, brother, friend and pastor. He is friendly, outgoing, and seems comfortable in any group or situation.


He can cook a meal when I don't feel like it and he makes a very good cup coffee! This probably comes from his time as manager of a coffee shop.

THEN...there is the procrastinator, the guy who loves his sleep, and the total electronic geek that loves playing video games, surfing the web, finding new deals on anything electronic...and some how convinces me that a new lap top, new video camera, new digital camera, etc, are all VERY necessary for our adoption trip to Vietnam.

AND...he is great at multitasking. Right now he's suppose to be working on his sermon but is MSNing (instant messenger on the computer) me constantly and I can hardly finish this post, arg! To make matters worse, he's flirting with and teasing me and won't leave me alone! Yes, we get along just fine, why??

Yes, these are all a part of the man I love. Thank you Tyler for putting up with me these past 5 years!

No comments: