This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Busy, Busy

Hello again, Tyler here. We apologize about not updating but we have been very busy lately. By the time we get back to our room we just fall into bed. It's been a lot of fun.

For those who are adopting and haven't travelled yet, be warned that your child will most likely bond with only one parent at a time. This has happened in our case. Little Ethan has bonded quite well with myself, but will have little to nothing to do with Misty. We knew that this was a possibility so she is fine with it. We're both glad that he has bonded to at least one of us. No bonding at all would be a very difficult prospect for our future with him.

We are doing really well though overall. I'm dealing with some kind of allergic reaction to something. I don't know from what or where, but a swollen lip isn't really a fun activity. :-)

Misty and I are both enjoying the traffic in Vietnam. It is just crazy. Much different than our home in Kansas where there is very, VERY little traffic.

***I'm working on a video which I will post here once it has finished uploading.***

We'll also try to post a video of what it is like to cross the busier streets. It's a lot of fun, but can be quite scary as well.

We were able to go swimming before lunch today. We weren't sure how Ethan would like the pool because he had never had a bath while living in the orphange. He loved it! As long as I'm carrying him, it seems like he'll try about anything.

Ellie is really enjoying the trip, but I'll let Misty post more about her later on.

I'm going to get going and take a nap while the kids are asleep. Misty went to the store down the street and should be back soon. Hopefully it won't be so long between posts.

5 comments:

K said...

I'm glad that things are going well! It sounds like Ethan is adjusting just fine.

Karen Wall said...

I bet you all are busy! What a cutie! Who knew he would be a daddy's boy? He will bond with Misty soon too, you are right that he just needs time! It is great to see you all together with him as a family! Keep those posts comin'!

Baby N's Mom said...

Glad that everything is going well. Looking forward to the videos and more updates. ; )

Heidi said...

Ok, I realize you are busy but I need some details here!! How was it meeting Ethan for the first time? How is he adjusting to being with you? How is he sleeping, eating, playing with Ellie? How is Ellie adusting? I am dying for some details about how it is going and when the G&R ceremony happens!

Melissa Cz said...

I'm so glad to hear things are well!!!