This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Welcome to Vietnam

We FINALLY MADE IT!!! ***By the way, this is Misty's husband Tyler posting tonight, I'll be posting with Misty while we're in Vietnam.***

Sitting beside me on the couch in our hotel room is a little boy we have prayed for for a long time. What a great privilege it is to be this young boys new daddy.

Misty and I learned early on in this process from others who have adopted that the children typically bond to one parent first and then later the other parent. We both naturally assumed that he would bond with Misty first... not so! Ethan sat on my lap the whole way back to the hotel from the orphanage. After returning to the Rex Hotel we were preparing to walk to where they were going to take his picture for his visa. He decided it was time to give me an initiation... my pants and shirt still smell like vomit. But he's so cute...

I realize that I'm starting to ramble here, this is mainly due to getting roughly 4 hours of sleep in the last 48. With that in mind I will post one picture as proof of our new family member. We'll post more pictures and video tomorrow, once I'm awake... or at least not in a walking coma.


Much more to come. I promise.

9 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

Yeah!!! You guys look perfect and so happy. Misty-you look great to have not had any sleep.

Karen Wall said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! He looks so cute and you all look so happy! It is great to see you all together like that! Hope you get some refreshing sleep tonight or today!

Chip and Sara said...

We're SOOOO happy for you! We're crying tears of joy with you! We hope you have so much fun in Vietnam and enjoy this special time with your new son!! We'll be praying for you all!

Sara (& Chip)

K said...

Oh yay! You are finally together! Sorry about the vomit though.

Gina said...

Misty and Tyler,
Ethan is beautiful! Congratulations to your new family! I'm looking forward to following your story and supporting your journey in prayer.
Gina

Heidi said...

I cried when I saw the three of you together as a family! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about your journey and meeting Ethan for the 1st time!

Anonymous said...

You guys look so happy! Congratulations. Ethan looks great. I am so happy for all of you.

Jessica

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

I am so happy for you guys. I know how long you have waited. I hope all goes well on the rest of your journey.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats! How exciting - you're a family!

Best wishes for a great trip.

Laura
(CHI PAP)