This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Friday, December 8, 2006

Feeling a bit overwhelmed!

Compared to the list of what is needed for the Dossier, the papers for our homestudy are nothing. All the documents needed for the homestudy just need to be photo copies, unlike the dossier where the documents, not only have to be original copies which are only a few months old, but also must be notarized, state certified, and authenticated be the Vietnamese Embassy. However, I looked through the list of what I needed for the homestudy and thought “oh, this will be easy”…then I started. I'm feeling so overwhelmed because I am now realizing there is much more then I thought. For example, I don't even have an official marriage certificate, so I have to order one from Wyoming before I can make a copy of it! Also, Tyler and I both have passports that are no longer good. I was hoping to not have to worry about that until we were on the waiting list for a child and had some time to relax. However, it looks like we might need to have copies of the passports before she'll complete the homestudy review. If that is true it means it will delay the whole process by about six weeks while we wait for the passports that we won't even use for another year or more! What makes the whole thing worse is that I'm getting information from the CHI adoption guide, Nikki (the Vietnam coordinator) and Denise (the CHI social worker doing the homestudy) and they don't seem to always agree. I'm so confused! But I think the main thing I'm realizing is that I need to relax and not worry if everything takes much longer then I had expected. I know God is in control and through the delays will be leading us to the perfect child.

Well, I think I have rambled and confused you enough for one night.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha sounds fun... good luck with everything misty! i can't wait to see you in.. umm.. 3 weeks? heheh take care!

Anonymous said...

ooopss... i think i just sent you like 10 comments.. hahah i thought it wasn't working.. hahah sorry...i'm dumb.. heheh

Heidi said...

Congratulations on adopting! I am so excited for you. Yes, preparing the dossier is overwhelming. Fortunately for us, we were able to do ours slowly, since we knew we didn't have the money together yet. If you ever need an ear to vent to, I am always here and I certainly know what you are going through!!