This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm In LOVE...please PRAY!

Wow, where do I start. When Tyler and I were accepted with CHI (our adoption agency) we went onto there web sight to see the "waiting children". These are kids who have some sort of special need. One little guy on there caught our eye. He will be three next November and that puts him almost exactly in between Ellie and Evan. He has Hepatitis B, which is a manageable illness with a very effective vaccine. Well, I fell in love but we are not allowed to accept a waiting child until we have our CIS approval (171--see bottom right hand column). Well last December he was matched with a family but I still couldn't get his little face out of my mind. It was like he was still mine!

Last night I got home and saw him back on the waiting list! I called the agency and apparently the family he was matched with decided not to adopt at all at this time. I cried so hard because I don't want to go through "losing" him again. We submitted our application to the CIS about 5 weeks ago and won't here back for at least another week or two, possibly longer. In the mean time, no one has looked at this boys profile so they are sending me his medical information. However, if someone comes along who already has there 171 and wants him then they would get him.

I'm writing to ask you to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for us. It is so hard to just sit here for weeks looking at his little face and know that at any time someone could request him. I know that God is in control and knows what is best. I'm trying to rest in His timing...but it is SO hard.

Also, if it works out that we can get him then we will be in a crunch financially. We have a great budget laid out and after a year of saving, along with a few grants and an interest free loan, we should be just fine. However, in this case we would have to pay everything in a matter of 6 months or less. We won't have our savings built up. If this is God's will he's going to have to show us by keeping little Tran Le Phat available AND providing the money. I can't wait to see Him work!

Please leave me lots of comments...I need something to fill my thoughts!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, exciting at least you know it's "for real" haha.. i hope everything works out the way you want it to.. but more i hope that you keep your focus on what God wants. He doesn't always seem to agree with us. but i'm sure that He will keep the right doors open and close the wrong ones. well take care and best of wishes!!!
oh and you should go read my "oh for sweet innocents" poem it's on my myspace.. one of my blogs.. tell me what you think..

Heidi said...

Nothing is too small for God! There are so many times that I doubted we would have enough money for our adoption and then a check would show up in the mail. God provided all of the money for our adoption- I know He can do the same for you too! I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dear Daughter, I'm praying for little Tran. Trust now. You don't even want him to be yours if God has chosen a different family for him. Wait upon the Lord, be of good courage, and He will strengthen thine heart. Nothing can interfere with God's choice, for him, and for you. The poem is heart-rending. Love, Mom