This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

"Jesus Loves the Little Children..."

I want to take a moment away from my usual posts and share what’s on my heart.

Since beginning our adoption I have become aware of so much need among the children around the world. I guess in truth I have always been aware of it and that is what gave me a burden for adoption in the first place. However, now I see it up close. I’ve heard of the “aunties” in China who have such large hearts but have so many babies per worker (I’ve heard of 100/auntie) that the infants will be put into cribs sometimes for 22 hours and will only be fed every 8, no matter how hard they cry. There’s the little boy in Russia who is just a little older than Evan (about 2) whose legs are so deformed that he looks like he will never walk unless a family adopts him and provides the surgery. I see him every day on the waiting child list and the way he is reaching up to the camera brings tears to my eyes. There are the four boys from Vietnam who have Hepetitis B. They are all 3 yrs. old except for one who is 4. They have been there for months and no one has even asked to see their profile. I’d take one but Ellie would never handle sharing her place as the oldest. And then there is the 12 yr. old boy from Vietnam who will probably be on the “waiting list” forever.

I come with a heavy heart as I think of every child that is left behind. I have seen videos of the children in the orphanages we’ll be adopting from and I look at them and wonder how many will grow up never understanding what a mommy, daddy or family is? Many children dream of having a family but are passed by for whatever reason.

There are 143million orphans in the world. God knows each one by name and He cares for them more than we can imagine. I come begging you to help. There are several things you can do, let me name a few. You can give financially to an organization or even sponsor a child. You can begin a ministry at your church to help get the word out. Our agency has a free church packet that gives some very simple ideas for getting people involved. You can adopt, don’t just laugh or pass this one by. I’m serious! I know some of you may not be old enough yet or maybe too old! But for the rest of you, think about it. Why not? God will provide all you needs along the way! But most importantly, you can pray. In the church packet there is a prayer ministry that I think sends pictures by email of kids to pray for then sends reports of children who found their homes after being prayed for. If you are interested in getting involved with any of these areas email me and I can help you get started.

I’m sorry for typing such a long post on this. I cry all the time when it comes to the need of these little ones and I want to do what I can to get people involved. However, if you read the whole thing I’m proud of you!!

One last thing. So many children are passed by because of age. This poem brought tears to my eyes as I thought of all the children who are never chosen. 

The Waiting Child
by Debbie Bodie

I saw you meet your child today
You kissed your baby joyfully
And as you walked away with her
I played pretend you'd chosen me.

I'm happy for the baby, yet
Inside I'm aching miserably
I want to plead as you go by,
"Does no-one want a child of three?"

I saw you meet your child today
In love with her before you met
And as I watched you take her out
I knew it wasn't my turn yet.

I recognize you from last year!
I knew I'd seen your face before!
But you came for a second babe.
Does no-one want a child of four?

I saw you meet your child today
But this time there was something new
A nurse came in and took MY hand
And then she gave my hand to you.

Can this be true? I'm almost six!
And there are infants here you see?
But then you kissed me and I knew
The child you chose this time was me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...you have such a beautiful heart misty! i'm really leaning toward orphan ministries as of late and this is just beautiful! that poem almost made me cry..and you know me. thats an amazing blog...again, wow...i love it!