This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dossier!!!

Wow, surprise, surprise...We aren't supposed to start our dossier until we are a few months away from a referral (which would mean about a year from now) or we have been matched with a child off the waiting child list. However, I have been asking about so many children on the waiting list that my agency called today and told me to start my dossier!! This is so that if we do choose a child off the waiting list then we don't waste the time putting together our dossier. This will cut off a couple of months of waiting if we choose a waiting child. Wow, this was NOT what I was expecting today. I'm going to be swamped with paperwork now...but it's a good thing. So now I am ordering birth and marriage certificates, getting Dr. letters, police reports, financial statements...and the list goes on...But most off all, I am checking the waiting child list on-line constantly! I am really praying our child will appear soon...

(If you have any questions about some of the terms, check the bottom right-hand column on this page)

No comments: