This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Monday, March 5, 2007

More Information for the CIS...

Today has been interesting. It started off with a letter from the CIS. I was hoping for the 171...but no. For those who may not know, I have a misdemeanor on my criminal record. For those who know me well, you are probably laughing. Yes, I am the girl who feels that even speeding is a sin. I don't have a single driving ticket and I've had only a few sips of alcohol in my life. But yes, I have a criminal record for selling alcohol! I was working at a gas station and accidentally sold alcohol to a minor during a sting operation. I told our social worker about this multiple times and gave her documentation. Yet she still failed to put it into the home study and wrote that, when ask, I had stated I had no criminal record. I didn't catch the mistake until after we had submitted the home study to the CIS. I corrected it immediately and had a new copy sent. However, I got a letter from the CIS and they not only want certified documentation (I'd given them just a photo copy) but they want a full explanation of why I lied to the social worker! I've been on the phone all day with my brother-in-law who was helping me get the documentation from the court house where the offense took place. I'm sending everything priority mail to the CIS. With both letters (one my brother-in-law is sending) I'm paying around $30 for postage! Outrageous? I agree, but what ever gets us the 171 sooner the better. I think we should have the 171 early next week. For now, I know there are some other families checking out Tran Le Phat but they are also waiting on their 171. Hopefully ours will come soon!! I think I've given way more details then you wanted so I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the paper work on my lunch hour and I was happy to help with this ( yes, misty I still got lunch) talk to you later Adam