This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Our ways are not His ways...

Last night we got an email from our agency that said the other family had chosen to adopt Tran Le Phat. Tyler and I just sat there in silence for a long time. I still don't think it has quite soaked in yet. Since he went off the list back in December and then the family backed out, I keep thinking, that could happen again. Tyler and I have been tempted to ask God to "smite this family" so they wouldn't complete the adoption!...Just kidding (we really do wish them the best). Back in December it was easy to deal with because we weren't even done with our home study. However, this time we missed getting him by just days and it has been much more difficult.

With that said. We know that God in in control and that he has that perfect child already planned for us. We know that once our son (or possible daughter) is in our arms we'll understand. But for now we wait...and wait....and wait....They say that the wait time for a referal right now is 12-15 monthes! So unless we choose a different child off the waiting child list, it will be over a year before we travel! It's a little hard to get my mind around this after thinking there was a possibility we could have our kid home by this Christmas! But, God is good. He knows best and I praise and thank Him for his guidance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear daughter, Le Phat will be going to the home God has chosen for him, and another little one waits to be chosen by you. If the wait for you is long, then you have more time to pour into Ellie and Evan. I'm proud of you for responding so well to this disappointment. Making a list of new goals to accoomplish before another child enters is a productive idea. How did you get so wise? I love you, Mom A