This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Son!!

We have a referral!!!! We have decided to adopt Doan Phu Loc. He is 19 months old...only one month older than Evan. Yea! I get twins! We are very excited but nervous at the same time. He has hydrocephalus and unless treated it can cause serious brain damage. We are praying for fast travel dates so that he can come home and receive the medical help he so desperately needs!


I finally got the last document for our dossier back from the Vietnamese Embassy (they had made a mistake so I had to send one document back to them) and mailed the whole thing to CHI today. After they get it it will be sent to Vietnam and translated. Once translated our wait to travel begins. The wait will be 3-5 months. Regardless, we should have him home for Christmas!
Oh, and we will probably name him Ethan Scott Larson but aren't sure yet.
First picture we saw of him
OK, anywhere else think his hair looks blond?
He really doesn't look Asian to me!

Ouch...look at his head!

But that's OK...
nothing the computer can't fix!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, congrats, he is just beautiful. My middle son had very light hair as a baby. It's medium brown now but in the front it is getting light again (he's 9). He's half Vietnamese so it is possible :-) I hope you get to travel soon to get him home and get him some medical help.

Anonymous said...

Dear Misty and Tyler, I am so proud of you for this merciful undertaking. Of course as your mom, I'm also concerned for you, as my new little grandson will face quite a challenge in overcoming his disabilities. I think his eyes are not tracking together, but therapy can correct this. Have you looked into scheduling his shunting surgery? Better to do so soon.Looks like the time could be shorter than you first thought: 3-5 months, over 5-6. So I'll be thinking about Aug or Sept maybe to keep Ellie and Evan while you travel for Phu Loc (Ethan). He will become a beautiful Ethan, will grow into his name! By the way, What does Ethan mean? Love you lots, looking forward to our new child and praying for his welfare. God bless you! Mom T.

Heidi said...

Congratulations on the referral!! Although I have to warn you...if you thought the waiting was tough before- it is much harder once you have a face and a name and a child! There were several times I was in dispair while waiting for Elijah- so if you ever need anyone to talk to, I am here for you. Congratulations again!!