This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thoughts

I have had many emotions flowing through me as I consider the adoption. I do not question that this is the path God has chosen for us. Yet I keep considering all the uncertainties and possibilities. We have no way of knowing the extent of his condition until we have him home.

I have been dealing with the fact that I may not have that "perfect" child running around with his "perfectly brilliant" mind. But then the Lord gently reminds me, what is perfection? Is it our ability to express ourselves or figure out lives most complicated problems? Is it measured by the admiration and respect that others have for us, or the vastness of our physical abilities? This is not what God sees. This little boy may never be able to do what other children can do, but inside that little body there is a soul that was created ever so gently in His image. A child who, in God's eyes and in mine, will always be perfect.

No comments: