This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Carpet and Goo Gone

Ok, last post I was a bit depressed...not sure if it came out or not. Anyway, I was feeling overwhelmed with life in general. I think I was just emotional. Today I'm feeling much better! :) Yesterday I decided to rip the carpet out of the boys room. I new there was hardwood under the red indoor out door carpet that was under the brown carpet. I had now idea of the condition though. Well the carpet came out in just a few minutes and revealed a lovely hardwood in good condition! There is a little damage in the middle but a little sanding on the entire floor and a touch up of stain and varnish should make it beautiful! I was very excited. :) Also, we had an Awana meeting today and I'm feeling a little more organized.

I decided it was time to better toddler proof my home today. Ellie was so easy as a baby. We lived in a small house and I always new where she was. Plus she was very well trained not to open cupboards and was never a real explorer. Not Evan. Today we heard him screaming and when we got there he was opening his eye then closing it quickly and screaming. We finally found out he had found the Goo Gone I had left out and sprayed it directly in his eye. We had to hold him over the sink and run water in his eye for 15 minutes. He finally calmed down a bit and would look at us through the running water. Poor kid! I was finally convinced I needed to be more careful and I put all the medicine out of reach and baby proofed the cabinet with my hairspray and stuff (my cleaning products are already locked away). That kid gets into so much trouble...but he's always so cute about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.