This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Top 5 things...

I was on my friend's blog today and she had a list of ten things she was doing to pass the time before picking up her son. It made me laugh and then think of what I was doing. So Kelly, I'm going to copy you, but my list is a little different...

Top 5 things I SHOULD be doing while I wait to pick up Ethan:

1. Planning for the big trip to Vietnam and making list for when we get "the call" and only have two weeks before we leave. This would include figuring out where the last half of the adoption expenses are coming from!

2. Researching the details of our insurance, finding doctors in our network, and other medical preparations

3. Buying the things Ethan will need, like a booster seat. I really don't need much since he'll share everything with Evan including clothes

4. Finishing Ellie's baby album, starting Evan's (yes, I know he's almost 2 already), and planning Ethan's

5. Reading books on adoption

Top 5 things I AM doing while I wait to pick up Ethan:

1. Trying to prevent Evan from beating on his big sister with any stick type item he can find while attempting to keep up with Ellie's 5o "why" questions every 5 minutes

2. Running in circles to keep the house from drowning in a 3 foot mess while I plan dinner in the back of my mind (the planning is about as far as it gets...)

3. Decluttering, reorganizing and redecorating to make life easier when Ethan is here, but actually making a bigger mess in the process.

4. Wondering how I'm going to manage with three kids (2 of whom will be just entering "the twos") while simultaneously planning for the fourth

5. Stressing over the "Top 5 things I SHOULD be doing" list :)

1 comment:

angie said...

That's great...too funny! Isn't that how it always works? There are so many things that we SHOULD be doing, but really...it will all gets done when the time comes!!

Your top 5 is pretty much my life everyday also :)
~Angie