This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Blessings in Disguise

I would have LOVED to get the call last week and be traveling with the other 7 families leaving for Vietnam on Friday. Two of my friends are in that group and I wanted to be with them.

BUT...as usual, God knew better! If you read my last VERY lengthy post you know Tyler, Evan and I were sick last week. Well, it last until Sunday night! Then, just when we thought we were feeling better Ellie got it! She was sick Monday morning. She's feeling fine now but is still running to the bathroom every once in a while. Then on top of that, we have our first day of Awana club tomorrow. Oh, and Awana Basic training was cancelled last Saturday and rescheduled for this coming one so we would have missed it...and we are the directors of our Awana program.

What would I have done if I had been trying to pack for Vietnam and prepare for a third kid in the house!! It would have been crazy. I probably would have tried calling my mom (who lives 8 hours away), but my Dad is just getting back from Kyrgyzstan and I'm guessing she'd want to be with him after his long deployment. So I would have been one sick over stressed mama! God really looks out for me. :)

1 comment:

The Ben Show said...

Wow, that's a good point! I totally wish you were going with us too, but you're right that would have been WAY stressful. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be traveling soon!!