This is my blog in which I talk about everything. But if you are interested in just the adoption story click here on "Ethan's Story" or see below under "other blogs" and you can see his blog. This blog contains the same information (my side of the story) but the other one is in a simple form and easier to follow.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sick...

Last night and today have been...interesting. Yesterday after the kids were in bed I began to feel very sick to my stomach. I decided to go to bed early but soon got up and throw up my entire lunch (I hadn't felt like eating dinner). Now for me this is unheard of. If a cold or sinus infection is going around I will always catch it, but I never get the stomach stuff, that's Tyler's job. Even when pregnant I only threw up once (this is if you combine both pregnancies), and that was in the hospital. I then drank a lot of water because my throat hurt so badly. After throwing that up too I took Tylenol and tried to sleep.

Next thing I remember is Evan knocking on the inside of his door and crying. When I opened the door he was standing in a room covered in...you guessed it, his dinner! He had obviously walked through it several times. It was tracked all over the room, on the bed, even on the wall! He looked at me and pointed at the mess, he then pointed at his stomach to tell me where it had come from, then began to cry. Poor kid.

Well, Tyler bathed and cuddled with Evan while I cleaned up the mess. My stomach hurt so bad and I was amazed I didn't add my own mess to his. Later that night he woke up again having thrown up some water. Oh, did I mention he had diarrhea too that was leaking as well?

This post is becoming much longer then I had realized...sorry. Anyway, this morning I had intended on letting Tyler take care of the kids because I felt terrible and hadn't slept much. It has been a VERY long time since I'd been sick and I almost never take time off from the kids when I AM sick. So I deserved it right? Well, I woke up to the sound of Tyler in the bathroom...yes, it was his turn. So, once again, we are all sick and I'M the one taking care of every one...a mommy's life I guess.

But I realized something very important while cleaning puck off the floor at 1 o'clock in the morning. I would be willing to do this for the rest of my life it would keep my precious children little and sweet. I think someday I will miss these years.

Well, now that you have endured this very long post I will let you go and I will check on my chicken noodle soup which is probably burning by now...

3 comments:

Never Despise Meager Beginnings said...

Oh.... how horrible! I told Nick that I dread the days when we have sick little one's at home. I have such a weak stomach and cannot handle even the sound of vomit! I am so glad that Nick doesn't mind it! I am sure though that when I am a mom and it's my kids, it will be a different story. I hope you all are feeling better now. Drink Seven-Up.... it's usually the only thing you can keep down with the flu! ~Becky
P.S. Nick told me a couple of days ago that he wants a BABY! I told him we have to buy a house first! Isn't that usually the opposite???

Never Despise Meager Beginnings said...

Becky has already told me I am the "Mommy" in such situations. I hope you all feel better soon. We'll pray for ya.--Nick

The Ben Show said...

OOhh... hang in there. That is not fun!!